ABOARD A PRIVATELY CHARTERED QANTAS 747
20 DAYS — 3 CONTINENTS - 7 CITIES
Encounter South Korea’s dynamic capital of Seoul; uncover the history of Jerusalem and Bethlehem, the birthplace of three religions; find yourself at the cultural and historical crossroad of Malta in the Mediterranean; witness Spain’s architectural and gastronomic gem, Barcelona; discover Cartagena on the Caribbean Coast of Colombia; explore Cusco and the lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu; and submit to the mysteries of Easter Island.
Our journey will create memorable experiences that reach over and above the usual tour, to bring you the rare treasures of the globe in unsurpassed comfort and safety. In our world, you can rest assured that every last detail has been considered, from caring for your luggage, to where you enjoy dinner. We do the hard work so you can relax and enjoy the moment, without worrying about the trivial details.
Seoul, South Korea - Discover a city cutting ties with its industrial past, metamorphosing into a cultural butterfly. And stand on the line of history at the Demilitarised Zone,
between South Korea and North Korea.
Jerusalem, Israel - The twists and turns through the four quarters of the Old City are as spiritual as they are physical – a place where three of the world’s major religions come together to share their history.
Valletta, Malta - Blessed with natural beauty and prized for its central Mediterranean location, Malta gushes with history and stands proud as the jewel of the Mediterranean.
Barcelona, Spain - A 2000 year old emphasis on architecture and gastronomy, proudly on display at every corner, the spoils of Barcelona are laid out beneath your feet – and upon your table.
Cartagena, Columbia - With its postcard perfect pastel facades, cobbled streets and stone walls, Cartagena is one of the most superbly preserved cities in the Spanish Empire.
Cusco, Peru - Travellers flock to Cusco as a pitstop on the way to the mountain but the riches of Cusco itself surpass all expectations. Incan treasures abound at every turn.
Machu Picchu, Peru - The mist rises to reveal the pinnacle of every traveller’s bucket list. Captivating beyond compare.
Easter Island, Chile - An island formed from volcanoes; lying 3,700km off the coast of its nation; filled with enormous, inexplicable ancient statues – Easter Island lays bare
• All travel aboard a privately chartered Qantas 747
• All accommodation in luxury hotels (and comfortable lodges on Easter Island).
• All sightseeing as specified in the brochure
• All meals, plus beer, wine and soft drink with all dinners and with lunch and dinner aboard the plane
• Bottled water in hotels and whilst sightseeing
• The services of Constellation Journey Leaders
• Travel Insurance (subject to meeting the requirements of the insurer)
• Passport and Visa charges
• Vaccinations and medications suggested by the tour doctor
• Items of a personal nature including phone calls, drinks and meals away from the group
• Mini bar and other hotel costs not specified in the brochure
• Laundry costs (unless specified)
• Pre existing condition or age related increased premiums applied by the travel insurer
DAY 1 SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
And so the adventure begins. Join fellow travellers and your Journey Leaders at Sydney’s International Airport before an afternoon flight to Seoul. This evening dinner is served at altitude – and with our onboard chefs, it’s sure to be a notch above your regular inflight meal.
A La Carte options feature throughout your journey, get your first taste of them this afternoon. Choose from:
- No matter an individual Korean’s religious persuasion, the spirituality of Buddhism binds all. Learn about this unique culture while visiting the city’s temples.
- Forget about the Karate Kid, Korea is for Taekwondo. Channel the martial arts within for a demonstration and lesson.
- Reinvigorate yourself with a visit to a traditional Korean bath house.
- Visit the fascinating War Memorial of Korea.
Gala dinners and highlight events are a hallmark of your Constellation Journey. We come together for a special welcome dinner on a man made floating island in Seoul tonight.
DAY 2 SEOUL
Seoul is throwing off its industrial reputation, asking the world to take notice. And that is what we shall do today as we explore the highlights of the city including the 14th century Gyeongbokgung Palace. A walk through the city’s most popular market will whet your appetite for a traditional Korean lunch.
DAY 3 SEOUL
When in the modern metropolis of Seoul it’s easy to forget the history behind this divided country. After the Korean War the country split into two. Separating the North from the South is a two kilometre border, known as the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ). We make our way to the DMZ today, one of the last relics of the Cold War and one of the most bizarre areas in the world. Returning to Seoul for dinner this evening it’s A La Carte time again, literally! Choose from restaurants both inside and nearby our hotel.
DAY 4 SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA - JERUSALEM, ISRAEL
Welcome aboard your flying home – we’re on our way to Jerusalem. Relax with a fine drink, expertly prepared cuisine and the company of new friends aboard our private jet. Visitors and pilgrims have flocked to Israel and the Holy Lands since the 4th millennium BC. Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world – the spiritual and religious centre for Christianity, Judaism and Islam. This evening we touch down in Tel Aviv before driving to our hotel in Jerusalem.
DAY 5 JERUSALEM
The Old City of Jerusalem packs the sights in tight. We waste no time getting out to explore, starting with Temple Mount, a most holy site for followers of Judaism and Islam. Then it’s on to the Western Wall, the number one place of pilgrimage for Jewish people. Explore the maze of tunnels beneath the Western Wall before rising to ground level near the Bethesda pools, of Old and New Testament fame. Following Via Dolorosa through the colourful Shuk (Muslim Market) we reach the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Our walk continues to the Jewish Quarter to step upon Cardo, the main street dating back to the times of Romans. Then it’s over to the Armenian Quarter, arguably the most intriguing, peaceful and picturesque area of Jerusalem. After lunch at a restaurant within the Old Town we embark on an adventure through time, visiting the original City of David and the beginnings of Jerusalem. This evening we are invited into family homes in Jerusalem to share in the traditional and ceremony of Shabbat.
DAY 6 JERUSALEM
Choose from A La Carte options today:
- Descend to the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea Basin, and continue to Masada, the last stronghold of the Jewish people in the Great Revolt against the Romans. The trail of ancient history leads us on to the discovery site of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus. Visit Shepherds’ field and walk through Manger Square to visit the remarkable Church of the Nativity.
- You know the saying “It’s just like riding a bike”? It’s true – but test out the theory for yourself with a gentle bike riding tour of Tel Aviv. With bike paths and a seaside promenade Tel Aviv is perfectly laid out for exploring by bike.
Dine at a selection of restaurants this evening.
DAY 7 JERUSALEM, ISRAEL - VALLETTA, MALTA
From the Middle East to the heart of the Mediterranean we go in style. Aboard our Qantas 747, with our friendly crew, travelling companions, top notch food and quality drinks, it’s more of a party in the sky than a way of getting from A to B. Descending into the jewel of the Mediterranean we land at the tiny Maltese capital, Valletta. Check in to your elegant hotel and enjoy a relaxing afternoon, basking in the glow of the Mediterranean. When in the Mediterranean surely one must take to the water? Joining a traditional sailing vessel we cruise around Valletta’s magnificent harbours, allowing the magical history of the city to unfold. The fortifications, walls and buildings built by the Knights of St. John, Rhodes and Malta upon their arrival in 1530 form a perfect backdrop for an unforgettable harbour cruise.
DAY 8 VALLETTA
Today the choices abound. Which will you select?
This morning we get to know Valletta better. Visit the Grand Master’s Palace and its armoury plus St John’s Cathedral and Casa Rocca Piccola. Together we share a traditional Maltese lunch before diverging down your chosen path:
- Uncover the intriguing mysteries of Malta’s former capital, Mdina. The narrow streets of this city are as enchanting as they are historic. On our way back to Malta we visit Mosta, with its impressive dome.
- Get out of town and head south to the Tarxien Temples, the magical Blue Grotto and the irresistible fishing village of Marsaxlokk.
- Strap on your comfortable shoes and walk the Three Cities of Malta’s inception – Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua. The Three Cities have provided a home, harbour and fortress to citizens since Phoenician times.
- Or perhaps you’d rather spend the day further afield? As the morning sun dances its reflections across the sea we step aboard a boat and sail the stunning Mediterranean archipelago to Gozo, the second largest island in Malta. Valletta may have the glitz and glam but Gozo excels in natural beauty. After a traditional Maltese lunch and time at the fascinating Gozo360 display you’ll discover the 300 year old salt pan area along the coast.
Tonight we come together for a magical night to remember in Valletta, experience local Maltese specialities in a location that is sure to amaze!
DAY 9 VALLETTA, MALTA - BARCELONA, SPAIN
We leave Malta but we’re not yet ready to leave behind the charms of the Mediterranean. French Champagne in hand, we fly across the sea to Barcelona. The mild days of October are perfect for exploring, with the city still optimistically clinging to the scent of summer. After touching down in the heart of Catalunya we make the most of our afternoon, taking the panoramic route to Montjuic Hill for a view over Barcelona. As we ascend we’ll pass by some of the city’s iconic sights including La Sagrada Familia.
DAYS 10-11 BARCELONA
It’s time to delve deep into Barcelona, and with A La Carte options offered over two days, you’ll be able to enjoy the city on your own terms:
- Wine connoisseurs might be tempted with a full day visit to the fascinating wine region of Priorat, where the land varies from kilometre to kilometre. There’s extreme variation in the soil, enormous contrast in the slopes and hills – even the amount of rain each area receives is unpredictable. But with 600 growers and 99 wineries, one thing is for certain, this a land for wine!
- Drive into the countryside to the Benedictine Monk retreat at Montserrat. Enter the cliffside monastery and enjoy this serenely stunning location amidst the Catalan mountains. Enjoy lunch at a quaint local restaurant.
- A fantastic way to get to know a place and its people is through food. And to get to the heart of Barcelona you must first go through its belly. Join a colourful morning walking tour through the markets and cafés of Barcelona.
- Barcelona is a cultural and architectural wonderland – due in no small part to Gaudi. Join a morning discovery of the Gaudi icons, concluding with a visit inside La Sagrada Familia.
On both afternoons there will be shuttle buses running from your hotel to Las Ramblas, enabling you time to explore this marvellous city independently.
On Wednesday evening there is a special dinner planned just for us. On Thursday it’s dinner A La Carte style – where you choose from a selection of restaurants.
DAY 12 BARCELONA, SPAIN - CARTAGENA, COLUMBIA
Adios Barcelona and Hola Cartagena – we’re moving continents but the language remains unchanged. Back onboard you’re welcomed with top tier service, complimentary French Champagne and fine Australian wines. There will be plenty of time for socialising and perhaps even a siesta. Life aboard your private jet is a very different experience to a regular flight! Arriving into Cartagena you will be driven directly to your hotel.
DAY 13 CARTAGENA
Brush aside all preconceptions you have about both the Caribbean coast and Colombia. Cartagena is one of the most surprising cities you’ll come across. It’s also one the most superbly preserved colonial cities of the Spanish Empire. This morning we enter into the old town, surrounded by a 13km circumference stone wall. Ensconced within the walls is a living open air museum of wooden houses, pastel facades and cobbled streets. Cartagena breathes history, beauty and culture in a way that only a Latin city could. How you discover the old town is up to you – by foot or by wheels (of the pushbike variety)! With a relaxing lunch back at your hotel, the afternoon is free to enjoy. By the pool with cocktail in hand perhaps? Or for more adventures join one of our shuttle buses, taking you back to the old town for independent exploration.
There are plans afoot this evening, rather than spoil the surprise, let’s just say a “special” dinner is planned.
DAY 14 CARTAGENA
A La Carte options spread out before you today:
- Cartagena’s old town is filled with architectural treasures. Join a walking tour this morning with an architect and decipher some of the mysteries.
- Colombia, home of rum and coffee. This morning you may like to tickle your tastebuds with a tasting. Rest assured, in Colombia it’s never too early for rum or too late for coffee!
- Escape the city for the day and head to Rosario Islands. Idyllically located on an archipelago, this is the Caribbean of your dreams – azure blue waters, white sands and palm trees.
This evening the A La Carte options continue with a choice of dining venues.
DAY 15 CARTAGENA, COLUMBIA - CUSCO, PERU
From one colonial city to the next – but that’s where the similarities end. We take off from the Caribbean coast and, after changing aircraft in Lima, land high in the Andes. (Our Qantas 747 is too large to operate to Cusco.) Upon arriving in Cusco we transfer directly to our hotel and prepare for tomorrow, our journey to Machu Picchu.
DAY 16 CUSCO
A journey to Machu Picchu is the pinnacle for many travellers but the rail journey itself is a highlight, with its zig zags down the mountains and its picturesque route following the Urubamba River. But of course it’s the abandoned Incan citadel of Machu Picchu that you’re really here for. And it delivers in spades. It’s hard to imagine what the Incas were thinking when they deemed this remote mountain ridge as the site of their 15th century citadel. It’s even more difficult to envisage how the city was built – and just why it was abandoned 100 years later. But rather than speculate and reason, sometimes it’s better to let the magic take over. Machu Picchu is one of those times.
DAY 17 CUSCO
A La Carte options are yours to select:
The Incas were industrious people – from mountaintop citadels to ancient irrigation systems, salt mines, stone villages and sacrificial sites. Travellers might flock to Cusco for Machu Picchu but there’s so much more here to discover. We spend the day exploring the Ancient Valley of the Incas from our Cusco base with a variety of half and full day alternatives offering cultural, shopping and scenic highlights.
Low Altitude Option
Cusco is located at an altitude of 3,400m. If you are concerned about travelling to this altitude you’ll be pleased to know we offer an alternative low altitude option visiting the fascinating Peruvian city of Chiclayo, discovering its archaeological and colonial treasures. Please enquire for a detailed itinerary.
DAY 18 CUSCO, PERU - EASTER ISLAND, CHILE
We fly to Lima to rejoin our ‘Queen of the Sky’, bound for Easter Island. One of the most remote, confounding and mystical places on earth. Arriving after lunch we’re straight out to explore, starting with the ancient abandoned village of Orongo and the volcanic crater lake of Rano Kau. Easter Island was formed 750,000 years ago after a series of volcanic eruptions and is one of the most remote inhabited places in the world.
DAY 19 EASTER ISLAND
A tiny island, lying 3700km off the coast of its nation and filled with more than 600 giant moai statues – Easter Island is unlike anywhere on earth. Feel the magic and intrigue of this incredible place as we make our way around Easter Island today. Witness the inexplicable moai statues, standing with their backs to the sea, and walk through the quarry where they were made thousands of years ago. Stand and wonder at how primitive man achieved such startling perfection, taking 90 tonne monoliths from the sides of volcanoes to create a spell binding archaeological puzzle. We continue around the island to Anakena beach, more like Tahiti than Chile. There will be one more chance to photograph the extraordinary moai before local performers treat us to a show. Soon the call of home sounds out and we’re boarding our private flying kangaroo one more time for the flight home to Sydney.
DAY 20 EASTER ISLAND, CHILE - SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Celebrate the journey of a lifetime and farewell newfound friends with a glass of Champagne or fine Australian wine as we fly towards home. Whilst you will arrive in Sydney with time to connect to most other cities today, it may take a week or so to adjust back to regular life!
With five cabin classes available, your journey will set the standard in luxury travel. A hotel in the sky, you’ll receive gourmet dining options prepared by the onboard chef and an enviably stocked bar full of french Champagne, premium quality Australian wines, beers and spirits. Within each seating class our guests will rotate seats on each sector ensuring a varied allocation of seats throughout the journey.
Featuring Qantas Economy Class seating, enhanced meal and bar service
From $21,900* per person
Single Supplement from $3,690* per person
Superior Plus Class
Featuring Qantas Economy Class seating with window or aisle seating in an empty seat between each guest, enhanced meal and bar service
From $27,500* per person
Single Supplement from $3,690* per person
Featuring Qantas Premium Economy Class seating, enhanced meal and bar service
From $36,500* per person
Single Supplement from $3,900* per person
Featuring Qantas Business Class seating on the main deck
From $60,000* per person
Single Supplement from $4,750* per person
Featuring Qantas Business Class seating on the upper deck
From $72,000* per person
Single Supplement from $6,900* per person
Seoul, South Korea
Westin Chosun - Superior Class, Superior Plus and Premier Class
Four Seasons Hotel - Business Class and Business Prestige
David Citadel - Superior Class, Superior Plus and Premier Class
King David - Business Class and Business Prestige
Westin Dragonara - Superior Class, Superior Plus and Premier Class
The Phoenicia - Business Class and Business Prestige
Le Meridien - Superior Class and Superior Plus
El Palace - Premier Class, Business Class and Business Prestige
Hyatt Regency - Superior Class, Superior Plus and Premier Class
Sofitel Legend Santa Clara - Business Class and Business Prestige
Palacio Del Inka - Superior Class and Superior Plus
JW Marriott El Convento - Premier Class, Business Class and Business Prestige
Easter Island, Chile
A Selection of local Lodges - Superior Class and Superior Plus
Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa - Premier Class, Business Class and Business Prestige
*Terms and conditions apply. Prices are per person twin share unless otherwise stated and subject to availability at time of booking. Valid for sale until sold out and for departure 30 September 2019. Connecting fares to join the journey in Sydney from other cities are available on request. Flights between Lima - Cusco - Lima are in economy class with LATAM for all guests. Seasonal surcharges may apply. Offer is only available for new bookings and prices are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations, change in fees, taxes or surcharges. Prices correct at August 2018. Further conditions apply, call your Bucket List Buddy team.