Mahali Mzuri - Kenya
First of all, congratulations on your engagement! Our priority is you, your partner and your guests (if you choose to invite them) and ensuring that your day is all you had hoped for. We can arrange everything from intimate ceremonies just for the two of you or larger celebrations for your nearest and dearest. ell us what you’re dreaming of and we’ll tailor your special day.
• Lone Tree Hill: With stunning savannah views, it’s a beautiful location to
say 'I do’ covered by large canopied trees.
• Big Rock: Expect panoramic views of the conservancy and incredible
sunsets; it’s a special spot for the ceremony, sundowners or bush dinners.
• Pool Deck: This location is perfect for smaller weddings, receptions or private dinners. The infinity pool extends the view during the day and in the evening is lit up with candles and lamps creating a romantic atmosphere.
• Fire Deck: From this spectacular elevated space with views out into the gorge, watch the sun set while the firepit provides the perfect romantic atmosphere.
• Shepherd’s Nook: This area offers privacy and is a small but beautiful area.
It’s also the perfect spot to continue the celebrations with a reception or bush dinners.
From dancers to dinners here are just a few ideas of how you can get the party started!
• Maasai Dancers: For a traditional celebration the Maasai dancers perform their traditional song and dance, which involves the men jumping in the centre of a circle formed by other Maasai warriors.
This is traditionally performed to try and impress the young women with their athleticism!
• Bush Dinner: A bush dinner is the perfect setting for couples looking for an intimate romantic and is an idea setting for smaller groups.
• Bush Game Drives: Spend your first moments as a married couple amongst the wild animals roaming the Kenyan plains.
Mahali Mzuri has 12 luxury suites designed to sleep two adults and 10 of the 12 can be split into twin beds. Two tents are configured to accommodate two additional children or young adults. The resort can cater for a maximum of 24 guests in the camp at any one time. If you do intend to bring children to the ceremony they will only be allowed to accompany the adults on game drives if they are at least six years of age. Younger children cannot be left behind at camp without an adult supervisor from the wedding party.
When you book the camp exclusively for a wedding or blessing, the resort can host a maximum of 24 guests.
he exclusive use rates include your accommodation, all meals and drinks (including alcohol), twice daily game drives, transfers from the nearest airstrip, wireless internet, laundry service and all taxes.
Available on Request
Here are some extras to consider:
Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties
Mahali Mzuri is not just a great place for a wedding - it’s also an amazing setting for your bachelor or bachelorette party, otherwise known as stag and hen parties. Our only piece of advice? Don’t plan these parties the night before the wedding! In addition to parties in the evening, we’ve also organised some daytime activities. Here are just a couple of ideas:
FOR THE GIRLS…
An indulgent spa morning in our Nasaro Spa treatment tent followed by an relaxing afternoon by the pool with plenty of cocktails, canapés and the odd sip (or two!) of something fizzy! (additional charges will apply for spa treatments)
FOR THE BOYS…
A game drive with the boys out into the bush. We’ll set up a campfire for some male bonding time!
Terms and conditions apply. For more information, call your Bucket List Buddy team.
In the heart of the Kenyan Bush there are plenty of places to get married and toast the happy couple, but here are just some of our favourites:
Based on a three night stay in camp and also includes:
• 3 nights’ accommodation for 24 in 12 luxury tented suites
• Assistance with all formalities associated with the marriage ceremony while in Nairobi or Mombasa, including fees for the marriage license and certificate and transportation to the relevant office
• Transport and overnight accommodation for your Registraror Celebrant (includes flights from Nairobi)
• A bottle of Champagne for the bridal couple on arrival
• Bridal bouquet for the bride and a boutonnière button hole for the groom.
• Decorations for the ceremony at the camp: five medium flower arrangements, chairs and hanging mason jars with candles, rose petals.
• A group of Maasai Elders should you wish to invite them to your ceremony can perform their traditional song and dance
• Champagne and canapés after the ceremony
• A wedding feast to celebrate your marriage with Maasai singers.
• A simple single tier wedding cake (Victoria sponge)
• A gourmet Bush breakfast the next day for the newlyweds.
(or breakfast in bed if you prefer)!
• A private vehicle exclusively for you on your wedding day
• Maasai Blessings: The bride and groom dress in traditional ceremonial beaded necklaces and are met by a group of dancing warriors and ladies and led to the Maasai Elder. The blessing is open air, colourful and joyful.
• Spa Treatments: Enjoy our special Couples Experience or a relaxing massage in the Nasaro Spa with Africology products whilst taking in your stunning surroundings.
• Wedding Cake: If you would like a special custom-designed cake for your big day, we can order a tailor made one from a talented pastry chef in Nairobi.
• Photography: You can’t get married without capturing the moment Photographers are available in Nairobi but please ask us for recommendations and for costs associated with flying them to the ceremony and hosting them overnight
Additional flower arrangements for the bridesmaids and groomsmen.