Mont Rochelle South Africa
The picturesque location at the foot of the Klein Dassenberg Mountain Range is the perfect settin for your special day.
Our priority is you, your partner and guests, ensuring your big day is exactly as you dreamed it would be and more. We’re more than happy to create a tailored wedding experience that’s personal to you. We can arrange everything from intimate ceremonies just for the two of you o larger celebrations for your nearest and dearest.
Your Intimate Wedding
We have a range of stunning locations suitable for your wedding depending on the size of your party and time of year.
rivate picnic: A private picnic by the dam is the perfect place to toast the happy couple for smaller and intimate parties of up to 10 people.
For smaller parties with up to 10 guests, simply book the number of rooms that you require and we will tailor-make your special day to suit the size of your party.
Perhaps a private picnic for two with a bottle of wine of Cap
Classique to celebrate, or a more formal affair in Miko our
main restaurant, or both!
We can offer some suggestions based on the time of the year
nd your party size.
It's important to note that Mont Rochelle does not provide a
wedding planner service. They work closely with chosen
suppliers and service providers, who they trust and have years of experience. If you would like us to assist with the legalities, minister and documentation as well as organise photograhy, florist or wedding cake suppliers, please o let us know.
Your Exclusive Wedding
At Mont Rochelle, your ceremony can be held in one of the following stunning settings:
• Miko Restaurant can cater for up to 60 people and is a stunning location for those wanting a formal dining location for their wedding reception.
• Country Kitchen Restaurant: The Country Kitchen can be used both as a ceremony site and as a reception area. In the case of bad weather, Country Kitchen restaurant area can effortlessly be transformed into a beautiful modern country style 'chapel'.
• The Rose Garden: If you are looking for a more contemporary wedding, there is the three tiered lawn in front of the Manor House and Rose Garden. These two areas have endless possibilities to hold both ceremony and reception for up to 80 people.
• Manor House: The stunning modern Manor House can be used as a reception area with its dining room doors folding open to join the courtyard as one big dining area.
• Country Kitchen Bell: This pretty spot with a decorative bell tower is perfect for up to 20 people. It's located in a courtyard between the Country Kitchen and the Wine Cellar.
• Vineyard Rooftop: With endless views of the surrounding mountains and vineyards, this lawn setting is adjacent to Miko Restaurant and Terrace. This space can cater for up to 80 people comfortably.
Mont Rochelle has 26 rooms and suites available to book. The main hotel has 22-bedrooms which can sleep up to 44 adults,
plus additional children.
For the wedding party looking for a slightly more secluded area, we would recommend booking The Manor House. This attractive villa can accommodate up to 8 guest sharing 4 bedrooms. Any additional guests can stay in nearby hotels and guest houses in Franschhoek.
Terms and conditions apply. For more information, call your Bucket List Buddy team.
Mont Rochelle does not have any standardised menus; they prefer to tailor them to your liking.
For smaller parties, they serve a seasonal à la carte menu, braai or they are happy to create a set menu to suit your taste.
Reception dinners are usually held in either the main restaurant, Miko, or in The Country Kitchen.
When it comes to picking your wedding breakfast, the choice of food is completely up to you. For bigger parties, you just let us know your preferences, as we'll take care of the rest!
For any wedding over 60 people, they will hire a marquee on your behalf which will be erected in the garden at Mont Rochelle or in the Winery Garden. A dinner at Mont Rochelle wouldn't be complete without some delicious wines. Mont Rochelle has a wide variety of wines, spirits and other beverages available, including their very own wines, produced from their vineyard. We can work with you to select which beverages you would like to offer guests to suit your budget.
In the lead up to your wedding, we can recommend suppliers to help bring together all the finishing touches you may need. From assisting with the legal aspects of the service, all the way through to picking the perfect florist, e are here every step of the way.