This was by far the most popular on our list.
The experiences ranged from seeing them in Northern Europe to Canada and Alaska. You can see them from a cruise boast as well!
See a hint of neon colour in the starry sky, then a jagged burst of green, and soon you're transfixed by an ethereal display of shimmering aurora borealis.
Northern Lights of the Yukon
4 Days / 3 Nights
The Northern Lights are a spectacle of magnetic and electrical charges in the air, colouring the sky a multitude of majestic hues. Each evening there is the opportunity to view the sublime beauty of this phenomenon while relaxing in a cosy heated cabin or walled tent. Enjoy a tour of the scenic city of Whitehorse, a former gold rush settlement set against a stunning backdrop of mountains. Departures in October, November and January visit the Yukon Wildlife Preserve and the Takhini Hot Springs.
• 3 nights at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn in a Standard Room
• Evening excursions to view the Aurora Borealis with hot drinks and snacks
• Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse
• Wildlife Preserve and Takhini Hot Springs tour^
• Return transfers or shuttle Whitehorse Airport to Whitehorse accommodation
2020/2021 TRAVEL DATES
18 August - 20 December and 26 December 2020 - 12 April 2021
From $849* per person
*Terms and conditions apply. Prices are per person twin share, land only and subject to availability at time of booking. Valid for sale until 4 October 2019 unless sold out prior and for travel as specified. ^Tour is seasonal and only available from October to January. Black-out dates apply and festive season surcharges at additional costs. Offer is only available for new bookings and prices are subject to change without notice due to change in fees, taxes, surcharges or currency fluctuations. Prices correct as at July 2019. Further conditions apply, all your Bucket List Buddy team.
Northern Lights Escape
6 Days / 5 Nights
Travel to Iceland and experience its astounding natural features. Gurgling hot springs, majestic waterfalls, volcanoes alive and extinct, Europe’s biggest glacier – Iceland, where adventures a la naturale await. Discover the raw natural beauty of this spectacular Nordic wonderland that will have you stalking close to epic glacial sheaths, feeling the icy spray of the Gullfoss waterfall and becoming acquainted with the culture and cuisine of an Arctic island outpost unlike any other.
• There's a lot more to Iceland than ice and vikings. Follow the scenic 'Golden Circle', visiting geothermal springs and geysers, the mighty waterfall of Gullfoss and the site of the nation's first parliament at Thingvellir
• The aurora borealis is the best lightshow on Earth, and this trip is your ticket. Stay up late to see the northern sky dance with green light (subject to weather conditions and activity)
• Discover Iceland's fascinating history on a walk around Reykjavik, which includes a visit to the massive Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
• Drive along the island’s spectacular South Shore past the Reynisdrangar Rocks and volcanic black sand beaches
• Head to Skaftafell National Park and get adventurous with a hike to Vatnajokull, Europe's largest glacier
• 3 nights in guesthouses and 2 nights in hotels
• 5 breakfasts
Golden Circle (Thingevellir National Park, Strokkur Geysir, Gullfoss Waterfall)
Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Dyrholaey & Reynisfjara Rocks
Vatnajokull Glacier Walk
Reykjavik Walking Tour
• Transportation - Private minibus
2019/2020/2021 TRAVEL DATES
Departs from October to March
From $2,080* per person
*Terms and conditions apply. Prices are per person twin share, land only and subject to availability at time of booking. Valid for sale until sold out and for travel as specified. Black-out dates apply and festive season surcharges at additional costs. Offer is only available for new bookings and prices are subject to change without notice due to change in fees, taxes, surcharges or currency fluctuations. Prices correct as at March 2019. Further conditions apply, all your Bucket List Buddy team.